Monday 26 September 2016

Module 2 Preparations (Skype meeting 16/09/16)

Friday 16th of September , just a week ago we had our induction day via Skype with all my colleagues and tutors, introducing the long awaited Module 2, after our well deserved summer break. Now, ‘back to school’ we are all reminded for some basic expectations which we very commonly tend to forget or unconsciously ignore with the passing of time.

Keeping up with deadlines, is a topic to be kept into consideration, especially for some of us who revolve around a busy schedule every week. So as always, time management skills are key in succeeding. Managing your time will not only help hand in work on time, but will also help in working more efficiently therefore offering more quality in your work. Starting this new season in my new workplace, I have bought myself a new notebook where I can organise my priorities during the day. This will involve making of many ‘check’ lists of this I have to do eg: Laundry, food shopping, spontaneous errands, and most importantly, BLOGGING!  I am quite a traditional person when it comes to writing. If we could bring back the good old typing machine, I would be the first to have it in use, right next to the vintage cameras I would love to collect one day in the future. My notebook will be carried with me everywhere at all times, where I can drop down any ideas for my blog, any interesting conversations shared with friends and colleagues. So I guess I will be mind mapping my way throughout this season, raising questions and ideologies in order to help me develop what I would like to explore in my second and third Module of my BAPP! I have also reviewed my schedule and it seems that I have about 3 hours between ballet class and rehearsal, so I can’t wait to actually dedicate this time to reading my handbooks and readers without stressing out about late tiring nights anymore!
 
Another topic we expanded on during our Skype meeting was the importance of connecting with people. This involves reading and commenting on people’s blogs, aiding us to eventually discover new common interests with others taking the course, which opens up doors to new ideas. It was interesting having a member of Module 3 in our Skype call meeting that day, as she explained to us the importance of networking, and the creation of common interest group, as these will soon contribute to our 3rd Module as well. This way, we learn from each other and we focus on a more all rounded foundation for our final module.

What has captured my interest the most though was what Module 2 is all about. I have been finding it very hard to find one topic to focus on during the course. I had too many ideas which all seem like a cloud to me at the moment. However, I have learnt that that is the purpose of Module 2. Discovery. It is the practical process of raising questions in order to discover what you feel passionate enough to find out more about, and I am hoping to achieve that through blogging weekly and connecting with or my colleagues going through the same process as me.  It is also important that these are real questions that you can later on find answers/solutions for in the last Module.


It all sounds pretty daunting, but by setting the right mindset, goals, and keeping up to scratch with dealines, it can turn out to be quite fun, especially if you feel passionate about your work! I hope everyone is looking forward to beginning Module 2 this coming week! Best of luck and good discovery!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Taz! I also feel like I have all these ideas that don't really have much substance at the moment. Adesola said its not about having the perfect question. It about discovery as you say and finding areas of interest that keep you motivated and instigate questions that benefit your practice. Look forward to chatting with you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Taz - hopefully you have had a bit of time to think about possible areas of interest for your inquiry topic - shaping this is a part of the process - exciting as well as daunting - the beginning part of a project can be the most creative - so please get in touch fro a 1-1 - and I have now put up a Module 2 blog to help - Adesola did the first session for Module 2 so there are some blogs up about that session. Looking forward to an update - do also look around at the M3 blogs to give you an idea about M2.

    ReplyDelete