Monday 24 October 2016

Developing a Professional Inquiry


Reading through the handbooks and Reader 4 has really helped me plan out my process into engaging with my second module. I have been so conscious what I would like to base my topic, since there are too many things I would like to discover, that my mind was just just a fuzz of disconnected information. I decided to start from the beginning using the previous Readers as guidelines to help me focus on what I feel most passionate about. 

Through planning out my thoughts on my professional inquiry, via a Spider Diagram, I feel like I have achieved a clearer view and discovered the importance that the Professional Inquiry will have for the end result.


By writing the basics of an Inquiry (with the help on the links mentioned below) I have come to realise the impact this project will have, maybe not just in my career, but aiming to help and influence other people in the Artistic Circle. 

Things I will need to consider during the process of my Inquiry are:

1) Explore: how to discover topic of interest?
>art of questioning
>reading
>discussing 

2) Investigate: what will my sources be?
>tutors
>learning from fellow BAPP/ex students
>friends + peers
>Blogs + comments
>past and present experience
>work based learning (WBL)
>same interest groups (SIGs)
>internet
>literature

3) Process: how will I process my information and analyse ideas
>diagrams/mind mapping
>surveys
>interviews
>Blogging experiences
>commenting and learning on other students/tutors blogs
>discussions with tutors/peers/colleagues 
...............all for grater understanding! (bearing in mind ethical morals)

4) Create: how will I present my work? 
>communication with the audience > who is my audience? 
>create understanding in all sides of an opinion/arguement
>What impact will the Professional Inquiry have?
>Besides myself, how can the inquiry help other people?


as the Reader 4 mentioned : 

"The ultimate goal of the inquiry will be to explore a topic that will benefit your work and the work of colleagues and fellow professionals, including any work organisations with whom you are affiliated."  (Reader 4 , 2015-2016)




References:

https://inquiry-learning-representation.wikispaces.com/What+is+Inquiry+Learning%3F
http://library.queensu.ca/webedu/gdpi/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment